29 September, 2007

Crossing the Finish Line


(Click on image to enlarge.)

Submitted by Jeff

All that to say . . . we are here.

We will be putting pictures up of everything but I wanted to give some quick accounts of our final leg.

We stared out a little after 7am. I had to revamp the Trip-tick so that we crossed the border at the right place. In the rush of heading out the door my cell phone decided to stay an extra night or so. We got to see the Grand Coulee Dam (pix enroute). Then I got to meet a nice Washington State Police officer. Apperently, unlike New York State (and many others) there isn't a 10mph cushion in Washington. If it says 60mph . . . that you had better drive 60mph max! Luckily I wasn't "rewarded" with any penalty other than a minor scolding.

We had a very uneventful bording crossing as well. Apparently when we went to the border in Buffalo last Friday we were cleared for this and every other crossing . . . God is good.

We pulled into town about quarter to 2. We went to the schools and through some other miraculous meetings with teachers and admin-type people, the kids are all ready for school on Monday . . . did I say God is good.

Amy and I are getting settle in what feels like a dream. Thanks for sharing the journey. We well post more news as we continue to find our way.

Whew!

3 comments:

Live Life Like Luke Lived said...

I am so happy you made it and things are going smooth. You guys are great and what an exciting journey God let you have. Learned alot from each other I'm sure and from God. And Jeff...God is good...all the time!

Love you all!
MUAH!

Greg said...

Hey guys! I'm so glad to hear that you have FINALLY made it there!!! So awesome!!! Thanks for keeping us very informed along the way with the Falke Log! :-) Very very happy for you guys!

KEEP IN TOUCH. :-)

(that's what IM and Skype are for) ;-)

Penny said...

Amy - I erased your message by mistake with the number - call me again with it.